Okay, first of all, I have to admit that I have a history as a sort of Blog Graveyard. I always start a blog with the intention of updating it regularly, and then I just eventually stop updating. But I’m going to try to be a bit more consistent with this one.
A little background:
1. I graduated summa cum laude in June 2011 with a BFA in Fine Arts/Photography. I currently live in Cincinnati.
2. I started freelance wedding photography 3 1/2 years ago and I’ve continued my work after graduation. Though, since it’s November right now, this past weekend was my last shoot for the season.
3. I host trivia four nights per week at local bars and restaurants! I have a very… *ahem* ENTHUSIASTIC personality, so I really enjoy my job, and my teams seem to enjoy me!
4. Pierogies are my favorite food, I’m severely allergic to cats, and I do not enjoy Phil Collins. At all.
So what are my goals right now?
1. I’d like to go back to Germany. I have been there twice thanks to generous University grants, and I love it.
2. I’m looking for jobs relevant to my field, photography. I have a “shooting” interview on Saturday with a small, upscale eco-friendly fashion boutique for a fashion photographer position. The field of fashion photography has always interested me and I’m very excited and nervous about this interview!
3. I’ve also been tangling with the larger question of “What do I want to do with my life?” My answer to this question has always been, in a nutshell, “My dream is to be a fine artist, and to be able to support myself and my family by creating my own personal work.” I’m not sure if this is really my answer anymore, so I’m sort of in the process of re-evaluating my life.
4. I build dollhouses from scratch in my spare time. I just started another one, so I’ll periodically update my progress on here. I’m going to try to finish it by the time wedding season 2012 starts up.
WHY THE HECK AM I TRYING ANOTHER BLOG GIVEN MY HISTORY OF FAILING AT THEM
I need something to record what I’m thinking and doing these days. Post-grad life is a huge adjustment for me (I feel like I’ve switched gears in a major, major way), so, in a way, this helps me feel more accomplished. Blogs also serve as a good “bulletin board” for things that inspire me so that I can easily find them later.
Or maybe I just want to prove to myself and others that I’m doing okay, and things will fall into place sooner or later.